Hidden Benefits of Healthy Eating
TREAT YOUR BODY RIGHT WITH BENEFITS OF HEALTHY EATING
There are many benefits of healthy eating that you can award the body with, to enjoy the amazing results. It may help to prevent long-term diseases like diabetes, stroke and heart diseases. It can also help you keep up healthy weight and cut the risk of getting some types of cancers.
Here exists a huge difference of eating healthy as opposed to going on a diet. Healthy eating is more satisfying and lasts for a long time while a diet only works for a short period and you are soon back to where you started.
What makes a healthy diet?
A healthy diet is made up of food that come from Different Food Groups and is needed by the body to act normally. It needs energy to keep you alive and enable you to take part in day-to-day activities.
Energy comes from nutrients derived from food you consume such as proteins, carbohydrates and fat. Vitamins, minerals are also important as they help to keep the body healthy. The food you take should therefore consist of:
- Starchy foods like pasta, bread, rice, and potatoes among others.
- Vegetables and fruits.
- Dairy foods and milk.
- Proteins including, fish, eggs, meat, beans, tofu, nuts, pulses etc.
The body only requires a small amount of sugary and fatty food that belongs to the fifth class.
Why is dietary fiber essential to the healthy diet?
Mentioned above is a healthy diet and is also made up of lots of water and fiber. It is recommended that you take about 20- 30 grams of fiber every day to get the benefits of healthy eating. Most people ignore this not knowing the advantages it comes with such as :
- Helps lower total blood cholesterol – as it helps to get rid of “bad” cholesterol in the body.
- Assists with digestion – a diet high in fiber helps to cut the risk of having small pouches in the colon as well as the development of hemorrhoids. It may also offer relief to people who suffer from bowel syndrome.
- Lower the level of blood sugar – Fiber is also known to slow down the absorption of sugar in the body which is great especially for people who suffer from diabetes as it can help improve the levels of blood sugars.
- Help cut formation of kidney stones and gall stones – for the simple reason that fiber helps to decrease the chance of insulin spiking the main cause of formation of gallstones as well as kidney stones.
- Good for skin – there are studies which have concluded that fiber is also great for good looking and glowing skin as it helps to excrete fungus and yeast that stick on the skin leading to creation of skin rashes and breakouts.
It is important to think carefully about what you want to put in the body if you want to enjoy the benefits of healthy eating and have a long and happy life.